Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Hope that doesn't disappoint

Dear Ones,
Today is a day of great (earthly) trial...there are so many serious issues going on with the house in which I live, and I have little understanding and no ability to actually correct/fix the issues! Yet, in the midst, by God's grace, I see the opportunity to lean on the Lord, to depend and trust Him to work these things out...whatever 'working these things out' means...it may not be worked out according to my understanding...BUT GOD...I trust His understanding and ask the Lord for 'ears to hear, eyes to see, and heart and mind to follow' where God is leading in the matters at hand.
By God's grace I already see how the Holy Spirit is working in me and through me as I respond to the situation and interact with those involved. It amazes me that I'm not 'loosing my patience or temper' and at the same time able to articulate clearly what needs to be said. That is God...and I thank Him.
I'm not sure what this testimony has to do with the Scripture that is our focus today - except that Hope is being spoke of - and I know that the situation I find myself in today is only possible to 'endure and find encouragement' in is because the God of the Scripture is my 'only Hope.'
How about you? do you have Hope today? If so, what is the source of your Hope? If not, I pray you find the only Hope that is sure..Our Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and Holy Spirit...

Romans 15: 2-6 :"Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: 'The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.' For everything written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement o the Scriptures we might have hope. MAY the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment