Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Married or Single follow-up

Dear Ones,
Below is a reply I received based on yesterday's thoughts from 1 Corinthians 7. Under that response is my reply. It is so good to receive responses to the readings and devotionals. Please feel free to respond with your insights, comments, questions, etc. Hit 'reply all' if it is something you'd be willing to share with everyone. Otherwise, I can take out any identifying information and share it so others can benefit!
Blessings of God's grace and forgiveness, His Love and Compassion today! May you call on His empowering Presence to address, walk through, respond to whatever today presents!

Excerpt from a dear one:
"sometimes I think I would be able to do more for God unmarried, but I know that it is like a mirror. I am constantly aware of my shortcomings while I am with my spouse...it is a character building life for sure...and a blessing in many ways that I don't even understand yet..."


"Yes ! I've heard many say that in marriage, it is discovered how selfish we are (although I certainly see that through singleness as well :)). Marriage is ordained and called by God - He uses marriage relationship as illustrative of Christ's relationship with us, the church. Paul was speaking to folks that were in the midst of having received Christ and wondering....should I marry, should I divorce (to focus on God!!) - Paul was exhorting them to 'stay as they were' - if married, married; if single, single (pointing out the serious commitment of marriage...)
One of the first human relationships Satan attacks is marriage b/c of it's importance in God's Kingdom...the relationship that is to promulgate the Kingdom through raising children in Christ...God help us today - it is a battle for the hearts and minds of our children...
Well, bless you my sister in the Strong Name of Jesus as you seek the Lord in your marriage and family - yours is an awesome responsibility and joy, with the empowering Presence of the Holy Spirit, who is able!"

No comments:

Post a Comment