Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Increase My Faith Lord

Romans 1

We start today with the book of Romans. It is speculated from historical, extra-Biblical literature that Paul was released from his Roman prison after 2 years, never going before Caesar - perhaps the prosecutors didn't get their legal accusations together in a timely manner...whatever the case, he didn't 'rot in jail' nor was he executed at that point (Acts 28)!

Romans 1 is a powerful apologetic for how the world is without acknowledgment and Lordship of God in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. The state of our nation is reflected through the reading of Romans 1...not much 'new under the sun' - we could substitute 'anywhere' USA for Rome.

What struck me in the reading is the (saving) faith principle - the nature of faith (1:5, 12; Ephesians 2:8; Colossians 2:12-15; Hebrews 10:4). It is a gift from God. Faith in Christ cannot be earned, it has to be given by God and has to be received by us, through the grace of God. Today as I have often done and will continue to do, I ask God to increase my faith...to increase, add to, enlarge, the gift of faith that He has given me. Romans 1:17, "...the righteous will live by faith". I want the Lord to add to the gift of faith He has given me and I've received, such that my life - that is really His Life through me (Galatians 2:20) - will be a greater and greater walk of faith. So that I will decreasingly walk based on what my eyes see, my ears hear, my hands perform, my feelings reveal...but that increasingly my eyes will be the eyes of FAITH, my ears would be the ears of FAITH, my hands would be the hands of FAITH, and my feelings would reveal FAITH. That God will be Glorified!

Would you join me today in asking the Lord to increase your faith? "Lord, increase faith within me."

No comments:

Post a Comment