Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Journey and Destination

Acts 28

Food for Life:

Acts 28

Through the book of Acts, through to this last chapter, Paul is traveling to a destination (in Acts 28, Rome) yet on his journey with Jesus, to his destination, he takes every opportunity to speak of/bring healing in the hope that lies within him...the Hope of Glory, Jesus Christ Himself! "For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain" (28:20). Even in chains, Paul takes opportunity, even ASKS for opportunity (first with his Father, and then the people) to speak about the Hope within him; the hope that is also "Israel" [Israel's]...even if they don't know it yet!

In reading, I began to think about my destinations(s) and my journey with Jesus. Do I take every opportunity and ask for the opportunity - through prayer and with those around me - to speak on the Hope of Glory, not only when I arrive to my intended destination, but all along the way, all along my journey with Jesus?

Paul found himself in all kinds of unintended places throughout his journey, toward his destination. I too experience that, do you? Do you find yourself in unintended, even undesirable places as you are striving/working toward/traveling to a destination? Do you find yourself not reaching your intended destination at times? I do.

What do you do with that? Sometimes I grumble and complain (within myself, to the Lord) and ask, "what am I doing here???" Do you? Sometimes I waste precious time with this questioning, rather than, like Paul, blooming where I'm planted; taking and asking for opportunity to testify through word and deed about the Hope that lies within me. I wonder how many people have not received of the Lord because I was busy "grumbling" instead of being busy about the things of the Lord?

What about you?

"Lord, forgive me/us for planting ourselves, at times, in our own ways and plans and then grumbling when they don't materialize. Instead, help us by Your Grace and Holy Spirit Power to recognize that You are about greater and higher things, in our places not planned (by us), than we can imagine! Help us to be so immersed in You that it really won't matter the when's and where's, but only about The One and Whose we are and Who You want to hear about and experience the Hope that lies within us. Thank You Lord for the Apostle Paul's example. Thank You for the Holy Spirit, Thank You for Jesus!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment