Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

God knows the way I take.

Job 23:10

"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

Dear Ones, This morning I woke to a reality of alone-ness. You know, the feeling that creeps upon us sometimes. The feeling that is not dependent on our circumstances, on those who are around us or not around us; that is not a respecter of persons. The alone-liness that is part of the human condition and will not be fully extinguished until we see Him face to face in glory.

The first thing this morning, however, the feeling didn't hit me as described above. It first hit me as, "I feel lonely." Thinking that I feel lonely because of the circumstances of (my) life today. I thought, "I wish Lord you would tell me Your point (of my circumstances)..?" Almost immediately, I heard, "But I know the way you take, and when I have tested you, you will come forth as (pure) gold."

Wow. So I knew this was what Job had written. I googled the exact verse, and then opened my Bible to Job 23:10. And then tears welled up in my eyes, as an overflow of my heart (even as I write this), because God spoke (is speaking) to me. And, you know how this is (I hope), that I am experiencing both comfort and an unsettledness, at the same time. That is the cross of Christ...isn't it? Both suffering and glory...at the same time. Only in Christ. Only in Christ is this true - conflicting (seemingly) emotions - both true at the same time.

Now, in using this example, of the Cross of Christ, I am not comparing myself or (my) life to that of Jesus. Nor is (my) life anywhere near the circumstances of Job's (as described in his book); nor am I seeing my walk with Jesus, as Job's was with God (Job is described as a man who "was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil" (Job 1:1).

The point is, that God has given His Word and preserved it for us so that we can see Who He is, who we are as people, how He works in the affairs of people, and thus how He moves in our present day lives. And how He speaks to us today, through His Spirit which indwells us who believe and are saved, according to His Word.

So, when I asked the Lord this morning, or actually just made a statement to God, "I wish I knew Your point," He spoke very clearly to me. "I know the way you take" - so regardless of how I feel or what I think, or what my present circumstance, God knows me intimately - God knows every point in every second of my life, today....He knows the way I take.

And then, "when I have tested you." - God is using the circumstances of my life to deepen the gift of faith in Christ that He has given me; to burn off the dross/the surface rust, KEEPING me by His Grace the entire time.

And then the outcome, the goal, the end....the point of it all, "you will come forth as (pure) gold." Wow. The example of the most lasting earthly element...just as a comparison that I (we) can understand. And the "point of it all" ultimately, (is to) brings Glory to God.

So here I sit. Experiencing the presence of the Christ, His precious Holy Spirit, with me. Have circumstances changed? No. Will I experience the aloneness, loneliness again? Yes, and I hope so. Because, God used (uses) that to bring me to Himself. To remind me. To remind me of Who God is, what God has done, what God is doing, and the relationship we have (God and I) because of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

How about you? What is God's point in your present circumstance and the thoughts and feelings you experience? Ask God. And wait for God's answer. Wait for God's Presence...which actually is even better than the answer.

"Lord, I pray that how You have revealed Yourself to me this morning would speak to those reading this today - please take my feeble attempt to describe how You have spoken to me, to reach the heart and spirit of the dear ones reading - giving them hope, encouragement, and a spurring on in their present circumstances. For Your Glory, our good, and the good of others. Thanks for loving us Lord."

The rest of the subsequent verses Job 23:10-17).

" My feet have closely followed His steps; I have kept to His way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread. But H stands alone, and who can oppose Him? He does whatever He pleases, He carries out His decree against me, and many such plans He sill has in store. That is why I am terrified before Him; when I think of all this, I fear Him. God has made my heart faint; and the Almighty has terrified me. Yet I am not silenced by the darkness, by the thick darkness that covers my face"
(vs 10-17).

No comments:

Post a Comment