Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The God of All Comfot

2 Corinthians 1:1-4

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, The Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."

Did you know that when God comforts you in your troubles, He does so, so that we in turn can comfort others in their troubles, with the same comfort we have received from the Lord? Awesome, isn't it? Awesome, isn't He? Just think of it. When I'm experiencing pain, difficulty, trouble, confusion, heartache, depression, and devastation - and turn to the Lord in it - God comforts me. God speaks to me. God reassures me that God is trustworthy, faithful, able, all wise, all knowing, all powerful, everywhere all at the same time (omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent :)), and only good. Paul guarantees us, (I guarantee you :)), that in turning to the Lord and staying before Him, somehow, in a way that only God can do, we will receive comfort from Him.

And then, just as we have, God will then use us to share God's comfort with others. You don't need to know the answers (although sometimes you will), you don't need to 'fix it' (although sometimes you can), you don't need to remove the trouble (although sometimes you will be able to)...BUT GOD...by His grace and mercy, by His ever-present goodness - working through you - you will be able to give comfort as you have been comforted by the Lord.

So, I so grateful to the Lord for His comfort. And I'm so grateful that when I don't know what to do (many times :)), I can seek the Lord and just ask Him to help me offer the same comfort to a hurting, confused, pained one - that He gave to this hurting, confused, and pained one.

"Lord, thank You that You always give comfort, You always give Yourself to me in trouble. And thank You Lord that You then are able and purposing for me to be used by You to do so unto others, as You have done to me. I love you Lord, thank You for loving me, thank You for Loving us."

No comments:

Post a Comment